Company: Saint-Gobain Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
* Set up, operate, and tend drill presses, lathes, shapers,
routers, sanders, planers, and wood-nailing machines.
* Determine the best method of shaping/assembling parts working
from shop drawings, blueprints, or supervisor's instructions.
* Cut, shape, and smooth wooden parts.
* Verify dimensions using a caliper or rule.
* Add fasteners and adhesives and connect the pieces to form a
* Sand products using a sander or sandpaper
* Set up, operate, and tend UV equipment for UV coating
* Stain or coat products with lacquer or varnish.
* Complete all stages of the woodworking process.
* Ensure the wood isn't warped, cracked, or swollen.
* Apply paint to raw wood.
* Performs other related duties that contribute to the success of
the operation as assigned by the supervisor.
* High school diploma, GED, or 2-3 years of manufacturing
* Ability to work in a team-based environment with little to no
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
* Good reasoning/mechanical aptitude.
* Must be capable of wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
necessary to comply with government and company safety
* Job includes tasks that require bending, lifting materials
weighing up to 50 lbs., twisting, gripping, and stair climbing.
CertainTeed is North America's leading brand of exterior and
interior building products, including roofing, siding, windows,
fence, decking, railing, trim, foundations, pipe, insulation,
gypsum, ceilings, and access covers. We are currently hiring for
the production operator position at our Strongsville Ceilings
Under the direction of the 2nd shift supervisor, the Production
Worker is responsible for producing, designing, and crafting wood
ceiling tiles by operating specialized equipment and using
specialized tools. Details for the position are listed below.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals
with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Keywords: Saint-Gobain Corporation, Strongsville , Production Operator, Professions , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!