Sprinkler Service Technician
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: January 23, 2023
What you will do
- Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a
brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
- Contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems
- Perform service and repairs on sprinkler systems for
commercial, industrial, and residential applications.
- These include but are not limited to wet (steel, copper and
CPVC), dry, pre-action, deluge, and fire pumps.
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to
technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins,
modification notices, etc., to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals,
specifications software/systems, programs, schematics, and
operational product manuals.
- Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently
communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure
complete customer satisfaction.
- Electronically complete Service Acknowledgements with proper
coding and obtain customer's signature.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- 5 years of documented experience in Fire Sprinkler/Suppression
industry Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints,
submittals, and operational/product manuals
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Must be willing to
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and
moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such
as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40
feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation schedule - Overnight
travel will be required
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and always follow safety
guidelines and procedures
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability
to learn quickly
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
- Must possess and retain current State Fire Protection License
or Journeyman License valid
- NICET Level II
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Strongsville , Sprinkler Service Technician, Professions , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!