Reg Respiratory Therapist -$10,000 Sign On Bonus!
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Welcome to the Respiratory Therapy team! -Within this inpatient
department, we not only see patients but are seen as subject matter
experts by our peers when it comes to respiratory care. Proudly
working within an interdiscplinary care team, we help cover
multiple areas of Akron Children's, including NICU, PICU, ED, the
Burn unit, high risk deliveries, and more. Our family-centered care
approach offers the opportunity to not only care for children, but
educate the families and put them at ease throughout their stays.
-A typical day can include assessing, planning, implementing, and
evaluating direct respiratory care for patients ranging from
premature to adult. Our team also can assist in immediate airway
needs for intra-hospital transport as well. Offering competitive
benefits and a newly-mapped career ladder, we foster growth and
development in our team just as we do for our patients' respiratory
health. -Now offering a $10k sign on bonus with a 2 year commitment
to Akron Children's Hospital. *Relocation assistance
available-apply to see if you qualify!* - Still in school or
looking into the field? Check out our Career Launch program -let
Akron Children's help you make your dreams a reality. -Summary:
The Registered Respiratory Therapist Level I assess, plans,
implements, evaluates and directs care for premature, pediatric,
and adult patients. - - -Responsibilities:
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for
premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
- Assesses the current status and immediate airway needs of the
critically ill neonate, pediatric, or adult patient in the
intra-hospital transport, intensive care, and general care
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Participate in the education of ACH staff, patients, and
- Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the
Akron Children's Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs
requiring similar knowledge and skill.
- Other duties as required. -Other information:
- Experience in respiratory care is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required. Education and Experience
- Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Respiratory
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential awarded by the
National Board for Respiratory Care is required
- Current OH Respiratory Care Professional license is
- Certification: Current Health Care Provider BLS training is
required; NRP, PALS, ACLS, and STABLE certification is required
within 1 year of hire and must be maintained throughout
- Years of relevant experience: new graduates to
- Years of experience supervising: None. -Full Time -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH RESPIR
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Strongsville , Reg Respiratory Therapist -$10,000 Sign On Bonus!, Other , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!