Manual Machinist (Strongsville, OH, US, 44149)
Company: SGL Carbon
Posted on: June 15, 2022
The Machinist position sets up and operates various types of
machine tools with minimum supervision. Performs necessary hand
operations. #CB1 Key Accountabilities
- Machining responsibilities include: American Engine Lathe 24'
Chuck, Vertical Turret Lathe 60' Chuck, Radial Arm Drill, and
various small milling machines and hand tools.
- Follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Read and follow work order instructions.
- Perform machine setup without supervision.
- Operate machine to accurately produce parts within tolerances
with little or no supervision.
- Change tooling without assistance.
- Operate all lifting devices.
- Inspect machined parts.
- Sharpen tools as required.
- Assist with setup for other shop employees.
- Create new production procedures as requested.
- Train other employees in production and safety policies.
- Perform daily maintenance of equipment.
- Perform basic shop floor packing.
- Keep work area clean.
- Perform special duties as assigned. Position Requirements
- Ability to read a tape measure within 1/64'
- Complete understanding of all hand measuring devices
- Ability to perform basic math functions (addition, subtraction,
- Ability to convert fractions to decimals and metric to
- Ability to read and understand complex blueprints
- Prior fork truck training
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The
employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of
time. The employee is also required to walk, talk, hear, and use
hands to handle or feel. This position requires close vision and
the ability to adjust focus. The employee is routinely required to
lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally must lift weights up to 50
pounds. At times required to stoop, bend, kneel, or crouch.
Required to communicate in person and via phone. Constant use of
hands to grasp, lift, move and write required. Work Environment
This position works in the plant. This position is frequently
exposed to noise, fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather
conditions. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes
loud and may require hearing protection. -
Keywords: SGL Carbon, Strongsville , Manual Machinist (Strongsville, OH, US, 44149), Other , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!