PRN Lactation Consultant
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Provides direct lactation care and instruction to breastfeeding
mothers and infants.Responsibilities:
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of the mother/baby
dyad's lactation goals and issues.
- Develops evidence-based feeding plans that address the mother
and infant's feeding issues.
- Designs and implements patient education, staff development,
consultation, counseling, research, and community involvement, in a
variety of clinical settings.
- Supports community outreach, education programs and
- Maintains knowledge of current lactation theories and
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- RN from an accredited registered nursing program.
- BSN preferred.Certifications:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA) Healthcare Provider.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
certification from the International Board of Lactation Consultant
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification within 6
months of hire.
- Will consider candidates with Certified Lactation Counselor
(CLC) certification or equivalent upon hire, with successful
completion of IBCLC certification within 18 months of
hire.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Ability to provide Inter-disciplinary collaboration and form
plan of care.Work Experience:
- One year of hospital or community-based nursing experience
working with breastfeeding mothers and infants preferred.
- Will consider candidates with two years of nursing experience
in a non-related field or two years of verified lay-experience
(paid or voluntary) working with breastfeeding mothers and infants
in a hospital-sponsored or community setting under the supervision
of an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or
minimum two years of experience as certified health and wellness
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount,
a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a
production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be
and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of
force exerted is negligible.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Strongsville , PRN Lactation Consultant, Other , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!