Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Provides or assists with basic direct patient care activities
under the supervision of an RN with skills specifically identified
on applicable skills checklists for which training and competency
have been established.Responsibilities:
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and
emotional conditions to RN.
- These may include but are not limited to vital signs, weights,
assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily
living, patient transfers/transport, pulse oximetry, point of care
testing, dressing changes, application of external monitoring
devices, and removal of urinary Foley Catheter.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean & orderly.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Other duties as assigned. Competencies in both the
professional, technical and clinical knowledge domains must be
demonstrated in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Maintains personal growth and development through the ongoing
process of formal and informal education.Education:
- High School Diploma/GED.Certifications:
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) preferred.
- Successful -completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire
- Nursing students required to have Basic Life Support (BLS)
through American Heart Association (AHA) prior to hire.Complexity
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading
comprehension at an 8th grade level.
- Nursing students who have recently completed a minimum of one
clinical rotation as part of an accredited nursing school program
may substitute the clinical rotation for the required
- Military experience as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic
(68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves
extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Strongsville , PCNA- PT, Other , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!