Catering Team Leader
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: October 15, 2021
As a Catering Team Leader, you’ll keep the kitchen and catering
running like a well-oiled machine. You’ll collaborate with our
caterers and other Team Members to fulfill each order to
perfection. You’ll be the one who guests look to for guidance in
order to make their graduation parties, birthday celebrations and
holiday meals the talk of the town. Beyond those responsibilities,
you’ll ensure consistent execution in catering, maintain a focus on
financial goals, follow and adhere to approved systems and brings
the best food and service to customers.Leaders are accountable for
the operating performance of the assigned department(s) at all
times. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a
professional manner. Promote and develop individuals with mutual
respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a
regular basis with timely feedback — identify opportunities for
development and coach for success.Job Description
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: The ideal candidate will have experience in
a multi-unit restaurant or single unit catering, convention center,
or hotel banquet business.
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent plus 18
months to 3 years of additional training
- Certification or Licensing Required: Valid Driver's
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, 25 - 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 21 years of age
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and
convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team
Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why
we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless
career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values
are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the
Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas.
From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our
Corporate home office we are working together to put food on
shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching
for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you
to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with
- Your primary duty is performing office or non-manual work
directly related to management or Giant Eagle’s general business
- Your primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and
independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
Specifically, your principal, main, major or most important duty
may include, but is not limited to, managing your department,
supervising and approving schedules for other Team Members, and/or
maintaining records to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department
Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing
on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think
strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to
rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each
Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work:
for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a
willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making
suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring
that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our
- Review and analyze financial, LOB reports, and historical
reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor
controls, and reduction. Oversee period inventories for accuracy
and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Strongsville , Catering Team Leader, Other , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!