3rd Shift Production Supervisor
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Vitamix is unquestionably the premium brand of high-performance
"blenders," but if you talk to people that own one, they rarely
refer to it that way. It's a "Vitamix" and is often considered as a
piece of culinary 'fitness equipment' that is a critical part of a
daily health routine and more broadly, a healthy way of life. And,
it comes in a multitude of colors that allows anyone to match it to
their other kitchen appliances - you don't put it away, you show it
off. Who knew fitness could taste this good?!
For consumers, Vitamix can be found domestically in places like
William Sonoma, Sur la Table, Crate & Barrel, Target, Amazon, and
at Vitamix.com. But with offices in the US and UK, Vitamix is found
in over 130 countries around the world.
Ultimately, Vitamix is the Global-leader in high-performance
blending solutions for home and commercial use, is preferred by
more chefs than any other brand and is found in the top 50
restaurants in the world. It is relied upon by over 150 culinary
schools in the US and has been used to train more than 52,000
students and master chefs worldwide. If it is not a Vitamix, it's
just a blender.
The successful candidate will have two years progressive
production leadership experience. The Production Supervisor will be
responsible for managing the ongoing activities in production,
including direction of the daily work, coordination of line
staffing, coaching, development, and evaluation of employees in a
lean manufacturing environment. The Supervisor ensures orders are
completed on time and meet quality standards that will result in a
WOW experience for our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assigns work based in adherence with the production schedule
and monitors performance to ensure quality and productivity goals
are met in a safe manner.
- Assigns employees to daily workstations and ensures assignments
rotate to develop capabilities throughout the department.
- Assists plant manager in implementing new and/or existing
equipment, processes, and product lines.
- Develops and implements production tracking and quality control
systems to analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and
other operational reports to detect production problems.
- Collaborates with the Quality department to set and monitor
production standards, investigate all finished goods audit
findings, and implement corrective actions with a sense of urgency
to meet Vitamix standards.
- Attends daily operations meetings and provides root cause and
corrective actions on daily production issues.
- Leads daily Team Leader meetings and documents issues and
communicates to other departments and shifts.
- Promotes a LEAN manufacturing environment and participates in
ongoing initiatives and kaizen events.
- Champions a safe work environment including monthly safety
talks, ensuring proper PPE usage by employees, and root cause
investigations from workplace incidents.
- Partners with Human Resources on all employee matters including
performance, behaviors, and attendance. Participates in the
production regular and temporary employee life cycle including, but
not limited to, interviewing, performance assessments, disciplinary
issues, and terminations.
- Contributes to creating a positive work environment by living
the Vitamix CORE, adjusting to change, accepting new challenges,
and is receptive to continually improving work processes.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Alignment with Vitamix's culture and CORE which defines its
Purpose, Mission, and Values.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook,
PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience utilizing ERP systems for
production related activities is preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented
- Ability to lead and develop a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and support changes quickly to meet business
- Expertise around Vitamix competencies: Principles and Values,
Energy, Team Orientation, Quality Focus, Developing Others, Drive
- A high level of corporate professionalism, maturity and
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable
results through others, plus the ability to build strong and
sustainable relationships (both internally and externally), and the
capability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to thrive in a
fast-paced, changing and growing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and drive
resolution of complex critical issues.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- High School Diploma or GED in combination with relevant
experience. Associate's Degree is preferred.
Keywords: Vitamix, Strongsville , 3rd Shift Production Supervisor, Other , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!