Teacher - Before and After Care
Company: Primrose School
Posted on: June 6, 2021
As an Explorer Teacher at Primrose School of Strongsville
located at 18713 Pearl Rd. Strongsville, OH 44136 you will help
young minds explore, discover and understand the world around
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Explorer Teacher
to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote
the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each
child enrolled in our before and after school program, in
accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning approach to teaching
Primrose School of Strongsville is an accredited private
preschool that provides a premier educational child care
experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant
through elementary-aged school age.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class
functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of
Strongsville and the local, state or national regulatory agencies
pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom
schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning
curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages
children to create, explore and make decisions with
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while
providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary
housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to
the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Strongsville
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee,
determines is necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed
early childhood program preferred.
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the
handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child
safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Two-year degree in early childhood or related field
- Degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education or Child
Development-related field, and/or CDA
- Knowledgeable in elementary-aged curriculum with emphasis on
literacy, mathematics and science
Keywords: Primrose School, Strongsville , Teacher - Before and After Care, Other , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!