The Production Manager is responsible for Production KPIs,
effectively planning, directing and coordinating all activities of
assigned personnel. Responsibilities include safety, environmental,
quality, production, cost control and leadership of the
Strongsville Plant workforce.
- Provides, maintains and promotes a work environment free from
accidents and ensures the safety and well-being of associates and
the community through effective training, housekeeping and 5S
program. Adhere to all applicable environmental, health and safety
regulations, corporate and regulatory standards and policies.
- Provide an effective management process to ensure safe work
behavior by employees.
- Activly participate in planning and execution of employee
- Effectively manage associates, encouraging a continuous
improvement of individual performance while maintaining the
operating philosophy of the facility.
- Lead and manage the development of a flexible, well-trained and
motivated work force that operates as a team to safely and
efficiently manufacture products that meet customer
- Comply with all employment policies and procedures.
- Oversee Shift operations through effective coaching and
development of Production Supervisor through the use of the
PLP(Personal Learning Plan) process.
- Lead and manage product processing operation. Implement the use
of Lean Manufacturing tools and systems to improve consistency,
reduce cycle time, lower total production costs, and eliminate
- Lead and manage operations. Develop processes and systems that
improve line performance in speed, uptime, appearance, safety and
- Ensure output to meets or exceeds quality requirements for
product specification, appearance, weight, markings, etc.
- Work closely with QA and Engineering, Maintenance and Process
Engineering to identify and take corrective actions in response to
customer concerns, requests, Research, Sales and Tech
- Implement a "Total Quality" approach to both product processing
and packaging operations. Improve reliability and consistency while
eliminating waste of materials, time and effort. Implement proper
- Cultivate strong, productive work relationships and actively
participate with other members of the site leadership team to
strengthen overall effectiveness of the operations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical
discipline - production science or industrial engineering a
- 10 years of progressively responsible manufacturing experience,
with at least 3-5 years of experience supervising multiple
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing operations and safety
- Demonstrated track record of success in managing a safe and
environmentally sound work environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to interact effectively with employees at all
levels of the organization as well as customers and suppliers.
- Strong results orientation combined with ability to make sound,
- Prior experience in Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the
highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with
the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than
yesterday - everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG
helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products,
and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces
in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit
www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate
knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical
solutions that make a difference.
We are "One PPG" to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to
reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we
differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We
are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with
discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We
decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We
always act in the best interest of our company, customers,
shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday - everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees.
We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an
environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees,
creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the
ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age,
disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance
to complete your application due to a disability, please email
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage
you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so
that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the
Pay Transparency poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_
EEO is the Law:
EEO is the Law Supplement: