Company: Foundation Software
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Generalist will support a rapidly growing, employee-oriented,
high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality,
productivity, and goal attainment while driving the development of
a superior workforce. This position will report to the Director of
Human Resources and will focus primarily on total
rewards/compensation and benefit administration but will also serve
as back-up to the payroll specialist and be responsible for various
employee programs and HR initiatives within the
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Administer employee insurance and savings plans
using HRIS system, working with insurance brokers and plan
employee insurance and savings plans, correcting issues and
answering employee questions as they arise.
- Research employee benefit and health and safety
practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing
- Educate employees on benefit plan options and
assist in LMS content relevant to benefits and employee
- Evaluate job positions, determining
classification, exempt or non-exempt status, and
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state
laws, including reporting requirements.
all necessary federal and state employment reports.
- Prepare occupational classifications, job
descriptions, and salary scales.
- Provide advice on the resolution of
classification and salary complaints.
- Research job and worker requirements, structural
and functional relationships among jobs and occupations, and
- Advise managers and employees on state and
federal employment regulations, benefit and compensation policies,
personnel procedures, and classification programs.
- Prepare reports, such as organization and flow
charts, and career path reports to summarize job analysis and
evaluation and compensation analysis information.
develop, evaluate, improve, and communicate methods and techniques
for selecting, promoting, compensating, evaluating, and training
- Assess need for and develop job analysis
instruments and materials.
- Observe, interview, and survey employees and
conduct focus group meetings to collect job, organizational, and
- Review occupational data on Alien Employment
Certification Applications to determine the appropriate
occupational title and code, and provide local offices with
information about immigration and occupations.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding as
- Maintain employee files consistent with
recordkeeping laws and regulations.
- Conduct verifications of employment.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and
statements of earnings and deductions as back-up.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage
computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll
discrepancies as back-up.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter
employee information into the payroll system.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay
adjustments, and post information onto designated records as
- Record employee information, such as exemptions,
transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll
and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or
- Support all other employee programs, HR
initiatives or projects as assigned.
- Teamwork and high level of interaction requiring
regular and predictable on-site attendance.
- Face-to-face interaction and
coordination of work with other employees.
- All other duties as
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
least three years of experience in a human resources
- Knowledge of medical insurance and auxiliary
benefits including HDHP, HRA, HSA, 401(k), etc.
- Experience with H1B Visa workers a
- Experience in working with EOR a
- Experience in recruiting for a technology company
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build
and maintain relationships with managers and hiring
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of basic employment laws and
- Computer skills including competence with
Microsoft Office, facility with basic internet
Keywords: Foundation Software, Strongsville , HR Generalist, Other , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!