Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Job Grade: 16
Date: 10.19.18 Rev #: 1
The Assembler I is responsible for converting raw material into
finished goods by assembling, boxing, labeling, and packaging
finished skids while ensuring quality standards are met, and the
customer is presented with a WOW experience.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Prepares and operates at assigned workstations using detailed
instructions to meet Vitamix standards.
- Completes quality checks and audits all work.
- Performs assembly operations including but not limited to;
boxing, taping, labeling, stacking finished machines on skids,
preparing kits and subassemblies, completing required reports, and
utilizes the company's ERP system to review orders, print labels
and close out completed jobs.
- Performs assembly operations utilizing hand tools, power tools,
and presses as needed.
- Reconditions returned stock products to Vitamix standards to
prepare for resale.
- Exercises proper care in the use of tools, equipment, and
- Detects and reports faulty equipment, defective material,
improper operations, and unusual conditions to Team Leader and/or
- Observes all prescribed safety rules and regulations and
maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Contributes to creating a positive work environment by living
the Vitamix CORE, adjusting to change, accepting new challenges,
and is receptive to continually improving work processes.
Experience: One year related experience is preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
Technical Skills: Basic understanding of Windows-based computer
- Actively Listening
- Detail Orientation
- Quality Focused
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented
- Ability to work within a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and support changes quickly to meet business
Other Physical Requirements:
- Vision (Near, Color)
- Sense of sound (ability to hear difference in sounds of
- Sense of touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE, eye
Amount of Travel Required: No travel required
# of Direct Reports: 0
Work Schedule: 1st and 3rd shift operations with occasional
daily and weekend overtime as needed.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that
essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is
intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the
employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions,
responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and
requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the
Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or
assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem
Physical Demands / Lift-Carry
Stand - C (Constantly) / 10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Walk -O (Occasionally) / 11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
Sit - O (Occasionally) / 21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
Handling/Fingering - C (Constantly) / 51-100 lbs N (Not
Reach Outward - C (Constantly) Over / 100 lbs N (Not
Reach Above Shoulder - O (Occasionally)
Push/Pull Climb - N (Not Applicable) / 12 lbs or less O
Crawl - N (Not Applicable) / 13-25 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel - O (Occasionally) / 26-40 lbs N (Not
Bend - O (Occasionally) / 41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Not Applicable - Activity is not applicable to this
Occasionally - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of
the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Frequently - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of
the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Constantly - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of
the time (5.5+ hrs/day)