Segment Manager - Extrusion
Company: Akzo Nobel N.V.
Posted on: May 31, 2021
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud
craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color
and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands -
including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted
by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we
are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented
people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance
products and services our customers expect.
AkzoNobel has an excellent opportunity for a Segment Manager -
Extrusion that will be responsible for Regional ownership for the
segment ensuring setting & delivery of Extrusion business
objectives in alignment with the global segment mandate as well as
coordinating the relevant Marketing activities.
This position will work with the Regional Marketing Manager and
team translating segment strategies, market research and customer
requirements to create a strategic plan.
This position will be located at the AkzoNobel Strongsville
Technology Center in Strongsville, Ohio.
- Develop and maintain regular contacts with external
stakeholders (designers & architects, trade associations &
specifying organisations) with the aim to promote and specify our
product offering; managing the lead generation assets (e.g.
- Define the Product assortment and services roadmap
- Formulates the Regional Segment Marketing Plan in close
coordination with the regional marketing manager and Global
Extrusion Segment lead assuring alignment with global segment
strategy and marketing plan
- Gets in depth understanding of needs within the region as well
as for key customers through market research, including Voice of
Customer discussions and interactions with regional sales team.
Analyses Market data.
- Translates needs into clear value propositions considering the
specific requirements for the Extrusion segment
- Gives insights and customer needs and as such defines the
Product assortment and services roadmap
- Maintains close contact with commercial business development
organisations to ensure market input is gathered
- Defines Spec Selling Sales Process and the manner we deal with
lead generation and closure.
- Works closely with Digital team to identify and implement tools
to generate leads from Apps, BIM, Web Sites and Social Media
- Keeps regular contact and meets with relevant industry bodies
and other key stakeholders, like architects &designers as well
as trade associations and specifying organisations. This mainly
includes promoting our product range in terms of value proposition
resulting in a tangible increase in our brands being specified over
time. Supports the specifiers in the selection process by
understanding their criteria and aligning it with their value
proposition to ensure a match of performance and warranty
- Be familiar with all applicable corporate and site
policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct, HSE standards
and always in compliance with all applicable regulations
Education & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Business
- At least 5 years of experience in a commercial environment
- Ideally experience in more than 1 area of marketing and/or
- Some work experience in a tech/tech service role is an
- Analytical mind with good financial acumen
AkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with
applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant
or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but
not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry,
citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic
information (including testing and characteristics), veteran
status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status
protected by federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 6512
Keywords: Akzo Nobel N.V., Strongsville , Segment Manager - Extrusion, Other , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!