Team Leader Assistant, Grocery
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Job SummaryProvide leadership in the Grocery Department by
directing and managing employees, ordering perishable and non
perishable products and supplies. An Assistant Grocery Team Leader
will also assist in implementing merchandising initiatives to
stimulate the growth of the business while creating and sustaining
an exemplary customer service atmosphere to build a lifelong
relationship by focusing on understanding and exceeding customer
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering
products and supplies to meet customer requirements and maximize
- Schedule team members and delegate work assignments in
accordance with collective bargaining agreement when applicable, as
well as work standards.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and
suggestions to meet the financial objectives of the department.
Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and
work processes to calculate gross monthly profits according to
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided by a trainer to
department team members in order to reduce turnover, promote
efficiency, and control labor costs.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA
requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain communication process with other
departments in order to develop marketing plans which help to meet
the financial objectives of the store.
- Promote continuous development of Team Members and identify
candidates for the Team Leader Development Program.About UsAt Giant
Eagle Inc., we re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We re
one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people
are the heart and soul of our company. It s why we strive to create
a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities
to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one
of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh,
Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to
our GetGo s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office,
we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles
on their faces. We re always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Strongsville , Team Leader Assistant, Grocery, Hospitality & Tourism , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!