Company: Falling Water Healthcare Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Falling Water Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare
Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for Culinary Aides to
join our team.PURPOSE/BELIEF STATEMENT:The position of Culinary
Aide exists to provide routine support in the Culinary Department.
This position must work effectively with team members in ensuring
that work is accomplished in a timely, effective, and safe manner.
The position must also manage the resources that are available to
them in their job.JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve food from tray line or steam table according to diet and
- Set up tray or plate for food service.
- Ensure menu accuracy for each resident's meal.
- Ensure meal is complete and presentable.
- Transport the carts to the nursing stations in a timely
- Collect and return dishes when meal is completed.
- Monitor for resident's personal affects and give to supervisor
so that items may be returned.
- Ensure sanitization of plateware, silverware, glassware, and
all cooking utensils according to procedure.
- Complete any and all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Clean pots, pans, and utensils.
- Remove trash, sweep, and mop floors.
- Breakdown and clean steam-tables after tray line service or set
up steam-tables prior to tray line service.
- Assist in salad, dessert, snack, and nourishment preparation
- Clean resident dining areas.
- Deliver late meals or resident menu alterations to nursing
- Assist nursing staff in meal delivery.
- Assist cooks and preparatory cooks in other areas as
- Create a clean, comfortable, and safe environment and ensure
that the highest quality of culinary care is delivered.
- Ensure that residents' food service needs are met in a timely,
accurate, and compassionate manner.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and
corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement
program, and safety, environmental, and infection control
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, educational
classes, and orientation programs to maintain and enhance quality
- Perform other related activities as assigned or
requested.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
- Prior work/life experience, preferably in a healthcare or
service environment. Prior experience in a healthcare environment
- Prior work/life experiences involving independent decision
- Compassionate and enthusiastic personalityBenefitsAs a
CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO
plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from
life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage
from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer
match and Flexible Spending Accounts.About UsA family-owned
company, we have grown to become one of the nation's largest
providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing
rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living
communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term
acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided
superior, comprehensive management services for the development and
management of adult living communities. We have a single job
description at CommuniCare, to reach out with our hearts and touch
the hearts of others. Through this effort we create Caring
Communities where staff, residents, clients, and family members
care for and about one another.
Keywords: Falling Water Healthcare Center, Strongsville , Culinary Aide, Hospitality & Tourism , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!