Substance Use & Mental Health Therapist - Akron- $2,500 Sign On Available
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Full TimeWill be required to work 3 Evenings until 7p
The Substance Use and Mental Health Therapist is proficient in
applying graduate-level counseling skills to the diagnostic
assessment of individuals, as well as individual therapy. The
Mental Health Therapist is also proficient in care
coordination/case management. This position is primarily group
(IOP) therapy but carrying a small outpatient caseload. -
- Conducts initial patient comprehensive substance use and mental
health psychosocial assessment, including the patient and
- Conducts individual therapy sessions utilizing Cognitive
Behavior Therapy and other evidenced based practices such as
Motivational Interviewing to treatment patients with co-occurring
substance use and mental health disorders. Includes family in
therapy sessions and provides behavior modification techniques as
- Implement and conduct group therapy sessions utilizing
Cognitive Behavior Therapy and other evidenced based practices such
as Motivational Interviewing to treatment adolescent patients with
co-occurring substance use and mental health disorder at the
Intensive Outpatient (IOP) Level of Care.
- Communicates with staff regarding assessment, treatment and
interdisciplinary care plan through case consultation and
- Is proficient and timely in documentation.
- Provides case management to collaborate with community and
hospital resources as needed.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Other duties as required. -Other information:
- Experience in EPIC, or similar electronic medical records
system is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required. Education and Experience
- Education: Master's Degree in Social Work, a Master's Degree in
Clinical Mental Health Counseling is required.
- Certification: Licensed Independent Social Worker or Licensed
Professional Clinical Counselor is preferred. Licensed Professional
Counselor may be considered. Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None. -Full Time -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH OTHER
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Strongsville , Substance Use & Mental Health Therapist - Akron- $2,500 Sign On Available, Healthcare , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!