Home Care Licensed Practical Nurse - Private Duty - $2000 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
New Rates of Pay and $2000 Sign-On Bonus
The LPN provides a skilled level of care to select patients by
assessing and monitoring their physical condition, supporting and
providing patient/caregiver education, and providing treatments and
procedures based on a physician ordered plan of care. The LPN helps
the patient achieve and/or maintain their optimal level of function
and provides the level of care needed to manage them in the home
and community environment. -Responsibilities:
1. Assesses physiological, cognitive/mental, developmental,
emotional, and social status of each patient.
2. Provides treatments and procedures based on a physician ordered
plan of care.
3. Provides patient and/or caregiver education as needed.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
5. Assists the patient in achieving and/or maintaining their
optimal level of function.
6. Assists, prompts, and/or provides personal care and other
activities of daily living (ADLs) in order to maintain proper
hygiene and nutrition.
7. Serves as a vital member of the patient care team and provides
input on patient plan of care and progress toward goals.
8. Maintains a clean working/patient care environment.
9. Documents all treatments/care provided and patient responses to
10. Reports changes in patient condition to appropriate Registered
Nurse (Manager, Supervisor, Case Coordinator).
11. Provides a safe environment and reports safety concerns to the
RN and other appropriate regulatory entities.
12. Other duties as required. -Other information:
1. Experience for 6 months in either home health or an acute care
setting is preferred.
2. Experience in Pediatrics and/or working with individuals with
developmental delays is preferred.
3. Experience in managing technology dependent and/or medically
complex patients is preferred.
4. Communication skills needed to work with all levels within an
organization is required.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Graduation from an approved School of Licensed
Practical Nursing program is required.
2. Certification: Current Ohio license as a Licensed Practical
Nurse is required. Current CPR/BLS certification through the
American Heart Association is required.
3. Years of experience: Six months experience preferred in one of
more of the following areas: Home Care, Geriatric care,
Medical/Surgical, CCU, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, or Department of
Developmental Disabilities (DODD).
4. Years of experience supervising: None -Part time -FTE: .8
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: HOME HEALTH
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Strongsville , Home Care Licensed Practical Nurse - Private Duty - $2000 Sign-On Bonus, Healthcare , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!