Pulmonary Function Tech
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
PRNVariable day shift hoursSummary:
Performs assessments and pulmonary functions of inpatients and
outpatients demonstrating abnormalities of the pulmonary system.
1. Responsible for the completion of multiple procedures.
2. Document patient tests in the electronic medical record.
3. Participate in department quality initiatives and proficiency in
the pulmonary function testing software.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
5. Other duties as required. -Other information:
1. Experience in care of asthma patients with experience in a
pediatric PFT laboratory preferred.
2. Licensed to practice respiratory care in the state of Ohio is
3. Must have obtained and maintain Basic Life Saving (BLS)
4. Membership in the American Thoracic Society (ATS) is
5. Experience working with various levels within an organization is
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Strong problem-solving skills are required.
8. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are
9. Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or
similar software is required.
10. Experience working with an electronic medical record system
(i.e. EPIC) is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Associate degree in respiratory care is required,
Bachelor degree is preferred.
2. Licensed Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) in the state of
Ohio is required.
3. Certification: Must be a Credentialed Pulmonary Function
Technologist (CPFT) or a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) who
will obtain the CPFT credentialing with 12 months from date of
4. Registered Pulmonary Function Tech is preferred.
5. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience
6. Years of supervisory experience: None. -On Call -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH RESPIR
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Strongsville , Pulmonary Function Tech, Healthcare , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!