Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Sets up sterile table assuring appropriate supplies, drugs, and
equipment are available.
- Participates with RN in counting all sponges, instruments,
etc., at appropriate times during the surgical procedure.
- Assists in draping patient.
- Assists surgical team members with gowning and gloving.
- Assures aseptic condition is maintained by the scrubbed
surgical team throughout the procedure. Provides for patient safety
by actively participating in the intraop "timeout."
- Utilizes other safety measures such as safety belts,
positioning devices and alarms.
- Collects, identifies and labels specimens removed during
surgical procedures; gives specimens to circulator for disposition
per surgeon's instructions.
- If in an Ambulatory setting the following duties may be
- Coordinates surgical and clinical schedules.
- Assists with outpatient clinic flow.
- Provides information to patient and family.
- Assists with coordinating outpatient procedure room cases and
- Assists with orientation of new hires.
- Works on unit committees.
- Assists with marketing and practice development.
- Coordinates studies for section.
- Answers patient phone calls, gathers information and relays to
- Performs post-op phone calls and relays information to
- Provides information back to patient based on provider
- Scribes for provider in outpatient clinic.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- If hired prior to August 1, 2015 completion of a Surgical
Technology Program required or Licensed Practical Nurse required.
-If hired August 1, 2015 or later, Surgical Technology Program
accredited through CAAHEP or ABHES required. Completion of military
surgical technology program will meet the requirements of an
accredited - Surgical Technology Program.
- Effective July 15, 2021, certification as a surgical
technologist waives the educational requirement for hire.
Acceptable certifications for this route are TS-C (through the
National Center for Competency Training) or CST (through the
National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting).
- Certification preferred for candidates from accredited surgical
technology programs. Certification (CST, TS-C) required for
candidates who have not completed an accredited Surgical Technology
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA). Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills,
decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain courteous and
cooperative relations with patients and others contacted in the
course of work and able to empathize with patients suffering from
physical or emotional difficulties. Work Experience:
- None required. Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
and ability to push, pull, and navigate supply carts weighing >
than 75 pounds periodically.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions of working
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Strongsville , Surgical Technician, Healthcare , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!