LPN - Internal Medicine
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
- Performs patient care for patients of all ages and documents
patient care as per policy and guidelines.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse
reactions to medications or treatments.
- Provides education and information to patients and family
- Provides minor maintenance and restocking of equipment.
- Maintains professional growth and development within nursing
- Participates in quality initiative and process.
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees
in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides
guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical Nursing.
- Current Ohio License as an LPN M-IV or LPN Meds
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA). Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate actions in volatile situations. Work Experience:
- One year of patient care experience preferred. Physical
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good hand-eye coordination, involves
extensive standing walking and occasional lifting.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Under the direction of a registered nurse,
physician, optometrist and/or podiatrist, performs patient care
activities and completes required documentation for patients of all
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Strongsville , LPN - Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!