Emergency Department RN FT 9a-9p Bath Location
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Director, the RN Emergency
Department is responsible for delivery of cost effective, quality
patient care, utilizing case management principles, the nursing
process and knowledge from various health care disciplines. The RN
is responsible for providing nursing care to adult, geriatric,
adolescent and pediatric patients based on established standards of
nursing care, by managing assigned personnel and by collaborating
with members of other health care disciplines.Keywords: ER, ED,
Registered Nurse, Experienced, Fairlawn, Bath
- Completes Emergency Department assessment data based upon
patients arrival, inclusive of psychosocial, educational and age
- Reviews and documents care and discharge goals with physician
and patient and family.
- Accurately administers and documents IVs and medications
according to established standards of care and policies and
- Accurately intervenes when changes in a patient's condition
occur and documents nursing interventions and patients responses in
accordance with policy.
- Assigns/delegates appropriate patient care activities to other
nursing staff based on patient needs and skill level/qualifications
of staff members.
- Provides appropriate care for alleged rape/sexual assault
victims utilizing established ED protocols.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate appropriate community referral
for patients and families.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains Basic Life
Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Must obtain
and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within three
months of employment/transfer.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing BSN
- Current license as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio.
Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac
Life Support (ACLS). Must obtain and maintain Pediatric Advanced
Life Support (PALS) within three months of
employment/transfer.Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Two years emergency room experience preferred, or candidates
with relevant critical care experience may be considered.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Strongsville , Emergency Department RN FT 9a-9p Bath Location, Healthcare , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!