RN New Grad- Stroke/Neuro Unit
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing care, alongside
a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization.Responsibilities:
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care
activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient
preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity
of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and
initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to
perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- BSN preferredCertifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if
experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care
clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute
direct patient care RN experience.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Strongsville , RN New Grad- Stroke/Neuro Unit, Healthcare , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!