RN Acute Cardiology - Cardiothoracic Surgery 7p-7a
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 16, 2021
ONA Bidding Period: 09/15/21- 09/22/21Under the direction of the
Director, the RN Medical/Surgical is accountable for providing
nursing care in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing
Practice/Ohio Administrative Code and Understanding Scopes of
Practice/Ohio Board of Nursing and ANA Scope and Standards of Care.
The staff RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing
and evaluating care for a given patient population within the
established standards and practices of AGMC.Key Words: Nurse
Residency, Resident, RN, Akron, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiac
Telemetry, New Grad
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan
of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered
outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research
and evidence-based practice.
- Safely administers patient care and treatments in accordance
with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional
- Safely administers medications in accordance with the Standards
of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and
- EVALUATION: Participates in on-going interdisciplinary
evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the
improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates
tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and
within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the
Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/gives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues on-going education and/or certification in
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities
including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and
- Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains
- Follows ho spital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of
Ohio.Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
served.Work Experience:Physical Requirements:Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Strongsville , RN Acute Cardiology - Cardiothoracic Surgery 7p-7a, Healthcare , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!