RN Assistant Director of Nursing
Company: Falling Water Healthcare Center
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Falling Water Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare
Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an RN Assistant
Director of Nursing to join our team.PURPOSE/BELIEF STATEMENT:The
position of RN Assistant Director of Nursing monitors and provides
personal nursing care and leadership to the nursing staff to assure
that care standards are met and the highest degree of quality
resident care is provided for at all times. The position must
function as a team member, team leader, and supervisor to ensure
that work is accomplished and quality care is delivered, supporting
team members and leading the way in celebrating team successes.
While assisting the DON with the planning, organizing, developing
and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Department, the
position must also manage the resources within their control and
assist others in managing resources.JOB DUTIES &
- May assess the needs of new residents and inform staff of new
- Make daily resident visits to observe and evaluate resident's
physical and emotional status and revise care plan
- Interact with medical staff, nursing staff, resident, family
members, and other visitors regarding resident condition.
- Ensure that all resident care is provided in a dignified and
- Ensure that all nursing staff are knowledgeable of the
residents' rights and responsibilities.
- Make daily unit rounds to determine unit functioning and
evaluate needs and concerns.
- Assist the clinical managers in monitoring completeness and
appropriateness of nursing staff documentation.
- Assist in emergency situations involving the residents.
- Interact with nursing staff, residents, families, and
- Participate in the nursing on-call rotation.
- Assist the nursing department in dealing with resident/family
- Function as a RN Charge Nurse if indicated.
- Ensure that a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for
residents is maintained at all times and assure that resident needs
- Supervise and may participate in the development and
continuation of a various program needed in the center.
- Supervise and may maintain resident documentation, records, and
charts to ensure an accurate up to date record of the resident's
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center and
home office policies and procedures, objectives, quality
improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection
- Participate in and provide scheduled training, educational
classes, and orientation programs to maintain licensure of self and
certification of team members and enhance quality of care.
- Provide leadership to the staff and create loyalty to the
organization, its mission, and its goals by leading by
- Perform other related activities as assigned or
requested.QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must possess a current license as an RN in the state where the
center is located.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited
college or university, or a graduate of an approved RN
- 5 years prior RN Nursing Supervisory experience, preferably in
a long-term care center
- Must maintain current CPR certification
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices,
standards of practice and state practice acts and procedures, as
well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with team members, other staff,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the
- Must possess leadership, teaching and supervisory ability and
the willingness to work harmoniously with team members in all
- Must be able to plan, organize, develop, implement, and
interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and
procedures, etc. that are necessary for providing quality
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to in Home Office them into existing nursing
practices.BenefitsAs a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy
competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a
menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical,
dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also
offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending
Accounts.About UsA family-owned company, we have grown to become
one of the nation's largest providers of post-acute care, which
includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care
centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation
centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we
have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the
development and management of adult living communities. We have a
single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our
hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we
create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and
family members care for and about one another.#BraveHearts
Keywords: Falling Water Healthcare Center, Strongsville , RN Assistant Director of Nursing, Executive , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!