Sr. Sales Account Manager - Key Account Specialist
Company: Univar Solutions
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution?
Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals
and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of
our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of
experience and drawing on deep resources - inventory and logistics
experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and
marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched
portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational
challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an
important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and
As a Sr Sales Account Manager - Key Account Specialist , you
Build profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional
sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to
prospecting and new business development.
- Employ a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a
long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them
for further business and maximizing the margin they create while
reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Enhance Univar Solutions position within each corporate account
using consultative and indepth selling at all levels within the
account.--- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and
actively grow the size of your territory. --- Maintain a clear
updated view of your sales pipeline.
- Grow size of territory in accordance with Univar targets.
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to
increase our overall value to the customer.
- Set pricing and service levels, as well as maintain and
coordinate customer quotations or provide necessary information to
allow local branches to do so.
- Coordinate with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to
insure proper inventory levels and overall customer
- Communicate clearly as needed to ensure local Univar Solutions
employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and
any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Serve as initial contact for international chemical
- Build effective customer relationships through business calls
and effective customer interaction.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, both personal and of your
Qualifications required for consideration:
- 10+ years of experience in a sales position with a proven track
record of success
- Bachelor's degree (Technical Science, Chemistry preferred but
- Experience with technical, industrial manufacturing,
distribution, or chemical industry sales a plus
- Experience selling into the coatings, adhesives, sealants, and
elastomers industry is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team
- Demonstrated competitive drive for results and a growth
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability
to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers
as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and
PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business
relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of
chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to
uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to
close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize
appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting
to price-based selling
- Role requires bringing Project Driven Growth to multinational
accounts in the CASE market through involvement at technical
centers and Corporate HQ
- Collaboration to show market pricing and dynamics to the CAM
who will drive all pricing and contract negotiations.
- Strong presentation skills and experience in making formal
presentations to groups at all levels within an organization
- Knowledge and relationship with key suppliers to help drive
project growth and collaboration with CAM.
- Strong skills in financial management and analysis through
Sales Effectiveness tools.
- Utilization of key role players to advance projects including
ADS, PMM's, CAM, Sr. Management, USL Laboratory
- Travel expectations between technical centers and Corporate HQ
- Role reports directly to NA Head of Sales-CASE
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical,
dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much
Keywords: Univar Solutions, Strongsville , Sr. Sales Account Manager - Key Account Specialist, Executive , Strongsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!